Food Services Manager

Tamara Martinez

527-1272 ext 206

Food Services

Eligibility for Free or Reduced Price Meals

Everyone is encouraged to apply.  You do not necessarily need to participate in an assistance program in order to qualify.   

If you currently receive Food Stamps, California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CALWORKS), Kinship Guardianship Assistance Payment (Kin-GAP), or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR) benefits, your child may receive free meals. 

If your total household income is the same or less than the amounts on the income scale on the application, your child may receive meals free or at a reduced price. "Household" means a group of related or non-related individuals who are living as one economic unit and sharing living expenses. Living expenses include rent, clothes, food, doctor bills, and utility bills. 

A foster care child who is the legal responsibility of the welfare agency or ward of the court may be eligible to receive free or reduced priced meals regardless of your income. Foster children must have a separate application from other children in your household; their eligibility is based on their "Personal Use Income".

Your application and information is kept strictly confidential.